I just spoke to D, he was driving so hearing him was a little difficult. He confirmed the internal fit out was completed yesterday. There are a few minor items still to do, such as gyprocking the cupboard under the stairs and fixing up an issue with the pantry doors (which we didn't even notice). These will be completed next Thursday.
No action on site today as those wet area mortar beds need time to set. The tilers will return on Monday for a full week of tiling and the painters are booked for next Friday YIPEEE!!!
He will phone Timpelle Kitchen in regards to the stuff up with the built in drawer unit. He's not sure what will happen, whether they will remove the unit and re-install upstairs or whether a new one will have to be built for the master room. I've left that with him.
That's about it for now. Hope everyone's builds are seeing lots of progress!
Hi Rachel, exciting news for you. I went for a drive by your house today and a tiler was there doing your balcony! The house looks fantastic and has sold us on the asphalt brick. I can,t wait till our house starts getting built.
ReplyDeleteIncredible huh?! Working on a Saturday in 42 degree heat...that's dedication! Apparently he was there until about 5pm.
ReplyDeleteReally glad it's helped you make your decision! Have you received your plans yet?
Hi Rachael
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about dedication - we were having a hard time just standing in the street to have a look because it was so hot!
We haven't received our plans yet, I am TRYING to be patient, very close to pestering Colt though :)
We were told we would likely have them first week of feb because we paid the second deposit during the holiday break. I know a few people got theirs a couple of weeks late so I will try to wait another week before I go crazy.
Seeing your house on the weekend inspired me to start trying to choose colours for the rest of the house. I am sooo indecisive that it's not easy, I am narrowing down my selections though. I suppose it's lucky I still have a while to go yet.
You sound like me :) I'm incredibly indecisive, just ask Simon! We found it helpful to drive around local areas and take photos of colour schemes we liked. We then scoured the new home estates to decide on a brick. Amazingly we found a new home in Warriewood that was built with a combination of the Austral Portland and Asphalt - the two bricks we were trying to decide on!
ReplyDeleteHope you get your plans this week, I'm sure Colt is used to being pestered! I'd be tempted to give him a call just to see where things are at.