On Tuesday we received a letter to advise our PCI date had been set for 28th March. Very sadly, it was the same day we lost Simon's mum after a 16 month battle with cancer. Words cannot describe the pain felt by the family at this time :( I didn't plan to mention this but I think it's important to document as part of our journey. The symbolic closing of a chapter in our lives will be felt even more so, the day we move into our new home. A day of of celebration but also of sadness..
As you can imagine, thoughts of the build have taken a backseat, however here's a quick update...
We visited the block yesterday to see the stone and tiles for the pool had been delivered and the tiler will begin laying the stone coping and pool surrounds on Friday. In regards to the house, bugger all has happened since my last post. No I tell a lie, the eaves carpenters have been back to finish off the eaves around the alfresco and media room and someone had done a massive turd in our ensuite toilet....nice. The plumber will have fun with that when he comes back to connect us to the sewer. Honestly, what do they think the port-a-loo is for? Decoration?
I'm so sorry about Simon's Mum, so sad :(
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of the build is smooth a trouble free, the last thing you need is stress thanks to the house. And eeew.. Just gross.
So sorry to hear of your family's loss. Our thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteThe letter received that day could it be a sign from her to say that everything will be OK:)
When Craig's mum passed away little blessings kept happening just afterwards. Like she was looking out for us..
By the way I love that you said turd and not poo. That kind of action deserves that word:)
ReplyDeleteHope you are all well after your sad news last week.. How is your build going?
ReplyDeleteThanks girls and thanks Sandrine, we're doing ok. Just cannot wait for this build to be over....as I'm sure you're all feeling the same way! Not long now...
ReplyDelete