Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scaffolding YAY!

Firstly, we've had a few issues. Our SS has been on holiday for the past month and not due back until Monday. After making a call on Tuesday to the SS covering our build, we learnt that he is also on holiday! "Who is looking after us??" we wondered!

Then I received a phone call from Timpelle Kitchens yesterday. Their guys had been onsite this week to measure up and discovered the highlight window has been placed 150mm too far to the left of the kitchen. Now we need all the drawers and cupboards on the left side of the oven modified to keep the oven in line with the window otherwise if they left it as is, the window would be off centre and look completely ridiculous. I can understand that things can change slightly from plan to actual....but 150mm?? That's 15 centimetres....quite a big difference! C at Timpelle has been a great help and made a few suggestions on what to do.

We're both disappointed this was not picked up at frame stage, it could have easily been rectified but now the window has been bricked in. Sadly, not much we can do about it now :(

In desperation to speak to someone, Simon contacted Wisdom head office. Not long after, we received an email advising that F is overseeing our job this week and apologies over the miscommunication in getting that info to us. We hope to hear back from F today for an update and explanation on what happened with the window. Is it normal for the measurements to be out that much? I don't know.

To the good news now :) The ground floor bricking is almost complete (damn you weather!!) and the scaffolding was put up yesterday. The guttering and fascia are being installed as I type. However no brickies onsite today, they're run out of bricks. I'm sure F will give us an update on when the next delivery will be.


Southern side of the house looking at the leisure and media rooms

Western side, looking the highlight window (that's in the wrong spot!) and powder room

Scaffolding up! Guttering and fascia being installed

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I notice that they are not Wrapping your home with insulation? Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are referring to the blue weather wrap I have seen on a number of other posts:

    http://tim-and-tina.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-78-wrapping-commenced-beams.html

    As far as I am aware this is an extra option to provide further "thermal comfort and protection" but I imagine would also help with the BASIX.

    We have just gone with the upgraded R2.0 wall insulation and the R3.5 for the roof in combination with the sarking.

    Inline with suggestions for our climate...
    http://www.yourhome.gov.au/technical/fs47.html

    We upgraded the glass to 6.38mm trans laminated "comfort plus" to help retain heat and reduce noise.

    Hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete