Monday, October 11, 2010

Leyland Brothers.....

Travelled all over the countryside....ok Sydney, over the weekend in search of a new brick. Yes, you read correctly, we're re-selecting bricks at frame stage!!!

Austral delivered the sample bricks from the new batch, to our site on Thursday. The colour variation was very obvious and having upgraded to the symmetry range for the smooth face, clean lines and consistency of colour....it was a disappointment.


The variation of colour


After our weekend research trip, we've settled for the ‘Ashphalt’, another colour in the symmetry range. We actually think this colour will work better anyway....let's hope!!


Our new brick - Austral Bricks - Symmertry Range 'Ashphalt'

3 comments:

  1. Love the new colour! Good luck guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    Good colour change. I really like the Asphalt colour. We originally had Portland as our brick colour, then changed it during colour selections, as I thought it was looking too pink.
    In the end we went with Whitsunday Brampton which I am really happy with, though I still like the Asphalt brick colour.

    Looking forward in seeing what it looks like in your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Sandrine - we're very happy with the change and actually quite glad we did for same reasons. We saw a house recently bricked with Portland and it was a bit too pink for us. Your bricks are looking great btw! I think we're still about a week behind you. Someone asked us if we'll be in by Christmas....oh how I wish :)

    ReplyDelete