Great news! Handover on the house will occur next Wednesday 20th April, exactly 33 weeks after site start date. On a 30 week contract with 5 week allowance for Christmas shut down, we are pretty much bang on time.
There are a number of minor issues to be rectified before next week but our SS assures us these will be done. The only tradie he can't get hold of at the moment is the brick cleaner who needs to re-clean a few bricks around the alfresco area and back of the house.
Today, the tiler will be doing the fireplace feature (I cannot wait to see how it looks when complete!). Tomorrow, gyprockers are back to do the architraves around the door under the stairs and a few other things. Friday the painters will return for touch ups and the house will be thorougly cleaned next Monday/Tuesday.
In regards to the pool, the sandstone coping and surrounds have been laid and grouted. The decking guys will arrive Friday to start on the small deck we are having at the end of the pool. After that, we'll have the pool fencing guys in to measure up and order the fencing. Once the fences are in place, the pool tiler will return to lay the internal pool tiles. Then we're ready for water.
Lots to organise this week and the packing is now well under way. We've heard from many other bloggers that the work truly begins after handover. Knowing whats ahead of us in regards to the landscaping....we believe that to be true!
At this stage, we've ordered all our lights - the majority from Beacon Lighting and the 'air' chandelier we bought from Domayne. We'll have these installed after handover.
I went over to the house yesterday to take a few snaps for the bloggy but I couldn't get in :( I'll see if I can swing by when the tiler is there today...
Fantastic news and congratulations Rachael! Just in time for the Easter bunny. Its the last stretch to the finish line now.This time next week, you'll be with keys:)
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how excited you must be to have a real date for handover!!! Can't wait for the pics!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
How was it yesterday? Waiting to see pics of you with your keys? :)
ReplyDeleteDid it happen? Hope all has gone well:) I would love to ask you a question about your pool so when you get your things together after the move let me know and I'll see if we can email.
ReplyDelete